Friday, September 5, 2008

Big Day!

On Wednesday, September 3rd, the adoption for Kaden was finalized back in Utah. I would like to say that I feel any different but I don't because he has felt like ours since the first day we looked at him! But we are excited to finally be able to bless him and seal him to us in the temple. We plan on blessing him here and doing the sealing when we are back in Utah over the holidays.

It will always be a special day and one will celebrate along with his birthday (2 cakes..he won't complain and neither will I!). He has been so much fun and is getting to be such a big boy! Sitting up on his own and starting to pull himself up on things. He rolls all over the place and I have to really keep my eye on him. I probably shouldn't post this but he had his first fall off the bed last week and it was so tragic! I felt like a horrible parent but he seemed fine about 5 minutes later. He loves to eat carrots and pears and let's be honest...eating is never going to be a problem for him. He makes us laugh all the time and loves to make friends about everywhere we go! We are so thankful to his birthmom for the sacrifice she made because she also loved him. He is definitely one loved dude and we're happy it's finally official!

5 comments:

Melissa Mae Johnson said...

Dude, I'm totally a blog stalker and I'm proud of it :)
congrats on the adoption being finalized! I am so happy for you guys. Having a little one just brings such a depth to life that you never had, doesn't it?
You should try google reader for blog reading. That way you don't have to go check everyones individually. It tells you when someone has updated. Great time saver!

D-Crew said...

You guys that is so sweet! I am so happy for you! What a blessing! Congratulations!

Carol said...

You are wonderful parents and the Hand of Heaven brought you together with little Kaden!

Luv you!

Shanda said...

Congratulations! He is very blessed to have such awesome parents!

Harward Happenings said...

Congrats you guys! He couldn't have better parents then you two.