Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sweet Apartment

So the fam has been asking to see some pics of our sweet new pad. We decided to move into on campus family student housing even after we found out the apartments were 500 square feet! We'd heard it's worth it for the community life that we'd have here and it's a lot closer to the business building. I'm realizing that it's not the size that's hard but the fact that we don't have cable or a microwave. Seriously...how am I supposed to cook! It will actually be good for me so I can become more domestic. As for the cable...I sure miss the E channel but I think it will be good for me as well. It would also be way too big of a distraction for Drew, especially when football season hits! So as you can see, the front room and kitchen are pretty much one and the same. I know what you're thinking....what's with the TV....but we couldn't part with it, even if it's pretty much just for an occasional movie (and of course...video games). And believe it or not, we do have 2 bedrooms but Kaden's is pretty much a pile of random things with a swing in the middle until we get the crib up and the room organized. So far, we're really enjoying it and it's sure easy to clean. Without cable, when Drew has some time in the evenings we go on walks and ya....we play darts on our Jazz dart board. It is actually pretty quiet around here now but I guess a lot more families will be moving in for fall semester. We have met some great families and I go on a walk every morning with a friend who also has a 3 month old boy.

2 comments:

Anderson Avenue said...

Wow it looks like you guys have been BUSY!! Looks like a cute little apartment and best of luck in Indiana! And also your little guy is so cute I just want to squeeze him!

Jessica and Sean said...

Wow you guys, it looks pretty fabulous for having just moved in. I bet it will be fun to be so close to other people in your same situation. So I told Drew the other night that I think the Sucker fish ate the shark! We went to Cali and when we came back the shark was in pieces. Crazy...